Sunday, September 30, 2012

Time has rushed on by...


I can't believe it has been over a year since I posted.

I also can't believe I turn 40 next year! Eeeps! So I have decided that to help make it a celebration, I am determined to look and feel better at 40 than I did at 39.

My youngest and last boy is 3 years old, and the left over 10 kg of excess weight I accumulated having 4 boys has stubbornly stayed. I haven't made big efforts to change this, as I was busy with life: work, boys, knitting.

But lately I have been starting to try and work in more exercise throughout my day as a way to improve the way my body feels and works.

And now I have a more concrete goal - to get rid of that 10kg over the next 12 months.

My biggest hurdle seems to be food - the mental energy to carefully plan calorie controlled food and portion sizes that will boost weight loss seems beyond me.

A colleague of mine has similar issues, and her husband and her have been trying Lite 'n Easy for a couple of weeks, and been very happy.

So I decided to give it a go. The things I love about Lite 'n Easy so far: no contracts,no attending meetings or consultations, easy to order and flexible plans (eg you can have full meals for 7 days, or 5 days, or just lunch and dinner, or just dinners. So far, the food has been much nicer than the supermarket lean meals. Much better quality. Not haute cuisine, but basic, healthy food.

The convenience of easily choosing meals and then not having to think about the portion sizes so far is helping my resolve - having the exact food I need to eat for a calorie controlled plan does help me with resisting temptation. There are even some little treats as part of the planned menu.

I have jumped right in and started with he 1200 calorie plan and the 7 day lunch and dinner. Have found myself a little peckish occasionally. The meal portions are probably close to what I eat, and the dinners are probably a little bigger than my usual portion sizes. I am a grazer, and finding I can get a little hungry between the meals, even with spacing out the snacks included with the lunch. I will try and stick it out for a couple of weeks, and see how my body adjusts.

It is a big change for me going from a fairly neutral position of intake being burned off and not adding weight, to having to reduce my food to less than what I naturally feel I need to eat to maintain my energy output.

My husband tried the lasagne, and it is favourite of the frozen lasagnes he has tried.
I quite liked the roast beef and vege dinner - yum!  And had a very nice salad with some chicken and sesame soy dressing - the salad was very fresh tasting.

Haven't been so keen on the crumbed fish dinner and the apple crumble - although I haven't met too many apple crumbles that I have liked better than my home made version.

I'm hoping that combined with good long walks several times a week, this will be the boost I need and hopefully by Christmas the changes will be obvious.

No comments: